Rules of the road for your LOINC Premium Memberships, Patron Supporters, and Benefactor Supporters.
- All memberships and donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All memberships and supporter benefits renew within a year from the date of purchase.
- Even as a member or supporter, you still must comply with the licenses that you accept upon download of content from both loinc.org and members.loinc.org.
Terms of Service
- Benefits for each category are set forth on the members.loinc.org/pricing page.
- The LOINC Directory will be updated at reasonable time intervals to reflect your Patron, Gold, or Platinum level, as appropriate. However, there may be a time lag between when you make your contribution and the date that the status is reflected in the LOINC Directory.
- Costs, benefits, levels of membership, and features of any part of members.loinc.org may be changed at any time at Regenstrief’s discretion without prior notice to you. These changes may be implemented during the term of your membership and affect the benefits of your membership at Regenstrief’s sole discretion.
- The contents of members.loinc.org are, in whole or part, copyrighted and owned by Regenstrief Institute, Inc. Use of Intellectual Property owned by Regenstrief will be governed by the specific license for that Intellectual Property to which you agree at the time of download. No Intellectual Property is licensed to you or conveyed to you as a part of your membership. Any unauthorized use of the words or images from members.loinc.org may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statutes.
- Logo Usage: As a benefit of your Patron, Gold Benefactor, or Platinum Benefactor level donation, you have Regenstrief Institute, Inc.’s permission to use the LOINC Supporter Logo or Mark available for download from the Member Resources page. Permission to use the Logo, which is a copyright and/or Trademark owned by Regenstrief, is granted conditionally to Patron, Gold Benefactor, and Platinum Benefactor level supporters in good standing with the stipulation that usage of these Logos is not an endorsement nor implied warranty of their products, services, or actions. Determination of proper usage is at the sole discretion of Regenstrief Institute, Inc. Regenstrief Institute, Inc. reserves the right to supervise, inspect, and control all use of the Logos. Whenever the Logo is used on a webpage, it must be enabled as a hyperlink back to the loinc.org website. For questions about usage, please contact us.
- While Regenstrief attempts to keep all information on members.loinc.org as up-to-date as possible, Regenstrief does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information listed. Regenstrief specifically disclaims any warranties as to the accuracy of the information and disclaims responsibility for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action that you take based upon the information on the Site or the LOINC website. Your membership is subject to additional disclaimers and caveats that may appear throughout these Terms of Service and/or any LOINC website.
- DISCLAIMER: ALL MATERIALS (INCLUDING INFORMATION OBTAINED ON LOINC.ORG, MEMBERS.LOINC.ORG AND VIA MEMBERSHIP) OBTAINED FROM REGENSTRIEF INSTITUTE, INC. AND/OR THE LOINC COMMITTEE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. FURTHER, NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION IS MADE CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SEQUENCE, TIMELINESS OR AVAILABILITY OF THE LICENSED MATERIALS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OBTAINED FROM REGENSTRIEF INSTITUTE, INC. AND/OR THE LOINC COMMITTEE, OR ANY TRANSLATIONS OR DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING. IN NO EVENT SHALL REGENSTRIEF INSTITUTE, INC. OR THE LOINC COMMITTEE OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ATTORNEYS' FEES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OPPORTUNITY COSTS; LOSS OF USE, DATA, SAVINGS OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THE LICENSED MATERIALS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OBTAINED FROM REGENSTRIEF INSTITUTE, INC. AND/OR THE LOINC COMMITTEE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Governing Law and Venue: The terms of membership and of use of the members.loinc.org and loinc.org website shall be construed in accordance of the laws of the State of Indiana, without reference to the choice of law provisions thereof. By signing up for membership or by use of the members.loinc.org and loinc.org websites, you agree to jurisdiction and venue in the state or federal courts located in Marion County, Indiana, and you agree that any dispute shall be resolved by the state or federal courts located in Marion County, Indiana.